Sunday 7 November 2010

Perforce: Find source changelist for a branch

Short version:

After branching in P4, how can I find out the "source" changelist of the branch?

Long version:

Let's say I have a main branch of my project at

//project/main/...

The latest changelist submitted here is @123, when I decide to create a branch for release 1.0 in

//project/1.0/...

From P4V, a new changelist is created (say @130), resolved and submitted.

From the CLI, it would look something like this:

p4 integrate -c 123 -o //project/main/... //project/1.0/...p4 submit

Later, I look at the changelists under //project/1.0, and see the @130 changelist containing a lot of branched files. How can I find out the changelist no. that this was originally branched from (that is, @123) ?


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment